On-ice Skill Development
Designed for Community Level Athletes
The On-Ice Skill Development Program will feature ice times focusing on shooting, skating, stick handling, passing and hockey IQ. The ice times are designed to give players confidence in their individual skill sets and the ability to succeed at that next level. The ice times in August and September will heavily focus on battle drills, small area games and tryout preparation.
July 2020 - September 2020
wHAT WE FOCUS ON
- Players will learn how to create angles to get the goalie to move, therefore having more scoring opportunities.
- Learning how to execute proper timing and space to create an effective shot opportunity.
- Learning proper technique to increase shot velocity and power.
- Increasing accuracy through shooting mechanics.
- Learning when to utilize different shooting techniques
- Breaking down and rebuilding skating strides.
- Learning how to properly utilize edges.
- Increasing skating speed and efficiency.
- Learning deceptive stick handling techniques to help create space in any situation.
- Increasing speed and gaining confidence while carrying the puck.
- Learning new and effective stick handling techniques while attacking the net.
- Gaining confidence while passing in tight spaces.
- Learning how to make accurate passes while skating at full speed.
- Learning deceptive passing techniques.
- Learning how to catch passes forehand, backhand and in skates.
- Each ice time will have a focus of developing a players hockey IQ. The program is designed to allow players to flourish into an all around more effective hockey player. Our goal is to have athletes leave the program feeling more confident in their abilities as a player.
HOW TO SIGN UP/PURCHASE THE PROGRAM
Please fill out the form below, and we will be in touch!
Interested in becoming a DASH Athlete?
Fill out this form below and we will get back to you within 2 business days.
Feel free to call or text
Address 250021 Mountain View Trail
Young and Innovative
The founder and all of the on-ice instructors at DASH Training are young and eager to help DASH athletes take their game to the next level. DASH is passionate about bringing the newest innovations within the fitness world right into the gym and on the ice.
Athletes Learning from Athletes
Zac Whitby is the founder of DASH Training. He is extremely passionate about fitness, hockey and giving athletes the opportunity to reach their full potential. His time spent being an athlete himself, has allowed him to be someone the young athletes are able to relate to and look up to.
Competitive, Encouraging Environment
Each and every session at DASH is built upon principles to make the athlete the very best version of themselves. The environment is competitive and encouraging which pushes athletes to go a little further. At DASH, it is enforced that all athletes respect each other. “When we are in the gym, we are all equals working to become the very best versions of ourselves.” ~ Zac Whitby
Once you attend a DASH session you become a part of the DASH community. You will be a part of a system of like-minded people who want to see you succeed.
Multi-dimensional Athlete Development
DASH training is designed to promote healthily, well-rounded living. The mission at DASH is to not only develop excellent athletes, but allow those athletes to develop into even greater people.
Hockey Specific Training
Each and every program at DASH is designed specifically to the athletes goals with the intent to take the athlete to the next level.